Company Background Our Client (located in Hamilton, Ontario) is currently searching for an immediate requirement for a Steel Fabrication Estimator. Some of the responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but not limited to:
Generic Duties And Responsibilities:
Consulting and Steel Fabrication experience a must
Steel or heavy Industry background
Calculate material, time & labor
Scheduling, prepare pricing
Estimate change orders
Understand industry safety and quality standards Education:
5 years related experience estimating and bidding
Microsoft Office & AutoCAD knowledge is required Key Qualifications and Competencies:
Must have great attention to detail
Read & understand bid/ scope.
Able to work independently or as part of a team
Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
Must participate in pre-job meeting with project managers
Good Project Management Experience is an asset. Communication Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate the activities with diverse tasks and demanding schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and customer relations skills. Must be well organized; able to work independently while maintaining close contact at all times with his/her immediate supervisor.
Independent, Judgment, Decision Making & Problem Solving:
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems using independent judgment in situations requiring the use of multiple variables in complex non-standard situations.
- Operates with wide latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions requiring independent judgment having direct impact on the company.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email in confidence your resume in MS Word format to Nureen Qureshi at (click to respond) Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Listing originally posted at http://www.bullhornreach.com/job/139854_steel-fabrication-estimator-hamilton-on-canada?utm_source=oodle.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=job&utm_campaign=feeds1